in Aventura, Florida
Breast size is important to many women. Some individuals feel that small breasts not only limit their fashion choices but can also cause dissatisfaction with body image. Breast augmentation to increase fullness and projection of the breasts improves the balance in a woman’s figure and can enhance her self-image and self-confidence.
About Breast Augmentation
Breast enhancement is a procedure that can dramatically enhance a female’s overall appearance. Augmentation is one of the most frequently performed plastic surgical procedures and may also have a very positive effect on the individual’s comfort level, confidence, and self-image.
With breast augmentation, there are many options and choices that exist. It is very important that anyone considering this type procedure be fully aware of these choices as well as possible advantages or disadvantages that may be associated with each of the options.
Real Patient ResultsVisit Gallery
Amongst the choices that exist and should be considered are:
- The type of prosthesis to be used (silicone-filled, saline water-filled, smooth or textured, round or shaped) and size.
- Whether you desire a breast augmentation with an implant or with your own fat.
- Possible incisions or scars associated with the surgery; in the case of fat grafting, where the fat would be removed.
- The positioning of the prosthesis in relation to the chest muscle (pectoralis major muscle).
- The possible need for the lifting of the breasts (mastopexy-type procedures) that may be combined with the augmentation surgery or done independently as a separate procedure.
- The site that the surgical procedure would be performed.
- The type of anesthesia and personnel administering the anesthesia.
- Preoperative preparations.
- Postoperative care (outpatient procedure, overnight recovery, and follow-up).
- The costs associated with the surgery and possible financing.
All of these options should be fully considered and discussed prior to making any final decisions. Dr. Sarraga will explain all of these possible options and answer any questions that you may have. Dr. Sarraga feels that it is essential that you understand and feel comfortable with all the information. In this way, you can knowledgeably decide upon the surgery that is best suited for you.
Please feel free to call our office to arrange for your personal consultation with Dr. Sarraga. We are sure that it will be a very informative and helpful part of your overall plastic surgery experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do my implants need to be replaced after ten years?
Breast implants do not have an expiration date per se but the manufacturer recommendation is that they should be replaced after 10 years. They should also be replaced if they rupture or start causing problems in the breast tissue; such as pain, discomfort, hardening or other symptoms. You do not need to automatically replace the implants after 10 years, but should continue with your scheduled and recommended monitoring
Can I breastfeed after breast augmentation?
It is possible to breastfeed with breast implants. The augmentation procedure does not typically disrupt the milk ducts in the breasts, so women should still be able to produce milk and breastfeed without problems. Breast feeding is also considered safe after breast augmentation.
Are silicone implants safe?
Both silicone and saline implants are considered safe for breast augmentation and reconstruction procedures. A thorough discussion about your options for breast enhancement is done during your consultation.
Under the muscle (middle) and under the gland (right)
There is also the dual plane augmentation. The implant is placed partly under the muscle and under the gland. Dr. Sarraga feels that this positioning gives the breast the most natural implant enhancement result as the breast tissue, muscle, and implant are all in synchrony.
Implant Incision Options
Visit our plastic | cosmetic surgery office located in Aventura, North Miami Beach, Florida (FL), conveniently near the Miami area.