3 Quick Tips for Taking Care of Your Skin
We see patients day in and day out that come to us seeking ways to reverse skin damage. Whether it be sun spots, wrinkles, under eye circles, etc. there are many available solutions today to help rejuvenate your face. However, post-procedure, we always share our tips for preventing future damage to keep your skin glowing. Check out these three quick tips from our doctors.
- Invest in your skincare regimen
If you have dry skin, oily skin, acne prone skin, or need an anti-aging cream, you need to select a regimen for you! You aren’t doing yourself any favors when selecting the cheapest available on the shelf. There are well-known doctors, including Dr. Sarraga, who you should be listening to on their best recommendation for skincare products.
- Eat a healthy diet
Many underestimate the importance of a healthy diet and its effects on your skin. By eating carrots, spinach, and other veggies as well as adding omega-3 fatty acids— such as fish or a supplement—to your diet, acne outbreaks can significantly decrease!
- Wear sunblock
Even if it is a cloudy day, your skin is still at risk for a sunburn! Make sure to apply a daily SPF or makeup with SPF to protect your skin from premature wrinkling, aging, and other damage.
If taking care of your skin is very important to you and you feel that you’re past a point of prevention, you may want to consider other options that can rewind the clock and work deeper than topical ointments or regimens. Luckily, several treatments exist that can help you get rid of your sun damage, scarring, and wrinkles. Consider some of these popular, successful treatments:
- CO2 laser resurfacing is used to minimize the appearance of fine lines and deep wrinkles on the forehead, cheeks, and around your mouth and eyes.
- Fraxel is a safe, non-ablative laser that stimulates your natural healing process and new creation of collagen. It also improves skin texture, removes pigmentation, and helps get rid of wrinkles around your eyes and mouth.
- Peels- from the Vampire Peel to a Chemical peel, you have several options in peels that can help target your specific areas of concern. This can include improving skin tone, increasing elasticity, and rejuvenating the overall skin appearance.
- Facials and Dermabrasion treatments are non-surgical solutions that can exfoliate the skin to improve signs of damage including sun or acne spots, stretch marks, freckles, or tough skin.
If you want to your skin to stand out in a crowd, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Sarraga offers each of these procedures and can help you find the one that is best for you. Schedule your consultation in Aventura, Florida today to learn more!